However you may define success in life, it remains a fact that, if you dont try, you definitely wont succeed. Often, your efforts wont bear fruit, but if you truly wish to achieve success you have to use your past mistakes in order to improve your chances of succeeding.
In any business venture you are going to make a few mistakes. You can use this fact to your advantage. Take the expression every cloud has a silver lining. If you take the time to analyze it, you will find that virtually every cloud has not one, but many silver linings and a few golden ones (double benefits) thrown in for good measure.
The trick to achieving success in life is to find these linings before you get started. Doing this will increase your passion and energy for the job at hand.
So here is what you should do:-
1. Get yourself a pen and some paper.
2. Write down on the top of a page what job you would like, or need, to start.
3. List as many reasons as you can, why you should do this job.
4. Next to each of these write down the benefits you will receive as a result of doing them. E.g. earn more money, improve your lifestyle, learn a new skill etc.
5. Now think of any hidden benefits that are not so obvious. E.g. developing other skills, making new connections, opening up other opportunities, etc
6. Next, expand on these benefits by writing them so that you can see how they will benefit you. E.g. I will become more. or I will be free of..
7. Finally, re-write the list you have made so that it is in your neatest handwriting. This will really focus your mind on what you have written.
8. Keep the list you have written handy at all times when doing the job. Refer to it often.
Dont be frightened to put things down on paper. Simply by distancing yourself in this way you can tackle anything that comes your way. The mind always seems able to make things appear harder than they actually are, until they are put down in black and white.
Once youve found half a dozen golden linings you will become much more enthusiastic about the job. You will also start to think differently about it. Instead of being a mindless chore, it will become an exciting task. A task from which nothing will distract you.
Try this just the once to see what I mean. I am confident it will make a BIG difference in your efforts to achieve the success in life that you desire.
Remember, though, that the level of success that you desire should be something which is achievable, given the will to see it through. Also, the desire in itself is not sufficient to guarantee that success but by using these techniques combined with a firm belief that you will succeed, you are much more likely to achieve your goals.